3. You will forget about a court appearance when you are out of reach of a pager or cell phone.
4. You will make derogatory comments about your supervisor while they are within earshot.
5. You will spill some high-visibility slime on your uniform right before work and you will not have access to another one.
6. You will tell a politically incorrect joke while the mic on your portable is open.
7. You will lock yourself out of your car at a remote location.
transferring handcuffs on a prisoner, you will put yours on so that the
keyholes are facing the keyholes on the cuffs already on the prisoner,
making both pairs very difficult to remove.
9. You will wake up in bed and only then remember the critical paperwork you left out of your report.
will arrive on scene for a call and discover you failed to note the
absence of a needed piece of gear when you checked out the patrol car.
If the needed component is gasoline, you will hear about this for at
least the next five years.
11. You will sit down in your patrol
car and unknowingly depress the spray button on the OC canister on your
belt. Until it’s empty.
12. K-9 officers only: During a police
canine demonstration for a community group or at a public school, your
dog will stop what he is doing to take a huge dump.