If you plan to host a Fourth of July fireworks display that requires a permit on or before July 5:
payments and paper applications mailed to our office must be received
no later than Friday, June 24. This includes funds to be placed in your
- Send paper copies of your Permit Application for Class B Fireworks to the State Fire Marshal’s Office, PO Box 12107, Austin, TX 78711.
- All fireworks display applications submitted by email must be sent to FMLicensing@tdi.texas.gov by 5 p.m. Thursday, June 30. Money must already be in escrow for any emailed applications received after June 24.
need to pay an additional permit fee and submit an updated signed
certification from your local authority having jurisdiction if you:
- Change the date of the display.
- Add a rain date after the show date.
- Change or add a firing location.
All fees are non-refundable. There is no fee for adding a rain date before the show date.
Questions? Email FMLicensing@tdi.texas.gov or call 512-676-6800 and select option 5, then option 1.