Return to Article | Print this Page
The Police News
Victoria man dies after contracting flesh-eating bacteria
Victoria, Texas

VICTORIA, Texas — A Victoria man who died one week ago was reportedly killed by flesh-eating bacteria after a camping trip to Magnolia Beach on Matagorda Bay.

His wife said she went from planning a family vacation at the beach to planning a funeral days later.

Debra Mattix said her husband, Gary Evans, 56, did not have any noticeable open wounds or cuts that would have allowed the bacteria to make entry into his body.